Reputation is an attribute that unlocks certain benefits for different vendors.
- Main article: Vanguard
Upon reaching rank 2, Guardians will be able to purchase armor from Commander Zavala, Cayde-6, and Ikora Rey. Upon reaching rank 3, Guardians will be able to purchase weapons from Roni 55-30. Starting at rank 3, Guardians will receive one to two legendary items (not engrams) in the mail every time they rank up.
Vanguard reputation can be increased through various means:
- Vanguard Strikes: 18, 20, 22, or 24, depending on playlist
- Vanguard bounties: 50, 75, or 100
- Patrol missions: 10 or 25
- Weekly Heroic Strike: 150, 250, or 400, depending on difficulty
- Weekly Nightfall Strike: 500
- Main article: Crucible
Crucible reputation can be increased through various means:
- Crucible victory: 104
- Crucible defeat: 98
- Crucible bounties: 50, 75, or 100
- Main article: Faction
Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy each have their own reputation attributes. Upon reaching rank 2, a Guardian will be able to purchase armor from that faction's vendor. Upon reaching rank 3, a Guardian will be able to purchase weapons from that faction's vendor.
- Main article: Master Rahool
Upon achieving Reputation rank 1, coded engrams will decode immediately when picked up. Starting at rank 3, Guardians will receive two to four encrypted or legendary engrams in the mail every time they rank up.
Cryptarch reputation can be increased by decrypting engrams:
- Encoded (white) engram: +5
- Coded (green) engram: +10
- Encrypted (blue) engram: +50
- Legendary (purple) engram: +75
- Exotic (gold) engram: +250
- Main article: Iron Banner
Queen of the ReefEdit
- Main article: The Queen's Wrath
- Main article: Eris Morn
- The Radiant Light buff, which used to be earned from completing the Weekly Nightfall Strike, would increase all reputation gains by 25% until the Weekly Reset on Tuesday. The buff was later removed from the game, but has since been added again.